A86: Off/Crash flag

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Off/Crash flag

A little while back, someone (Clem?) posted info on a flag that tells
the calc whether it was turned off or if it crashed.  I, being my
normally dense self, did not save the message.  Could you repost it?

Also, a final note of mine on the argument over whether or not the calc
is on when it is 'off' (which I think was resolved as it being on), and
whether or not it (the CPU) is still on even when only the backup
battery is left...

When I removed the batteries to recharge them, with the calc turned
'off' but with Lockdown installed, it cleared the memory when I put them
back in.  This must mean that the PC was reset to $0000 or wherever its
default power-up position is.  The calc checked the Off/Crash flag.
Since the calc was powered down by my program and not the OS, the flag
was not made to reflect the fact that the calc had indeed been turned
off, and upon power-up, it thought it had crashed, so it wiped its
memory clear.  Therefore, since the PC was reset, the CPU must have lost
power, therefore it was not running.  Of course, everyone was pretty
sure of that by now anyway, but I just though I would add my additional
2.356 cents worth.

Cassady Roop