From: Kirk Meyer <kirkmeyer@bigfoot.com>
To: <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 1999 4:59 PM
Subject: A86: Re: Size of programs

Heh you don't just add 15, and it has nothing to do with whether it is BASIC
or not. You have to add [some constant] + the length of the name. I think
that the "[some constant]" is 6, but correct me if I'm wrong. So use that
call to get the program size, then add the length, and then [some constant]
(which is probably 6).

Of course the whole thing about the disparity between your number and the
number shown on the MEM > DELETE screen has been totally blown out of
proportion by Bryan, because only someone with no life would compare the
number it shows to the number shown on the mem delete screen. In fact, it is
more accurate to show the actual size (the number you get without adding
anything) as the size of the variable, since the other space is really the
VAT entry.