A86: _exec_basic and _findAlphaUp

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: _exec_basic and _findAlphaUp

I'm having problems with two ROM calls...

When I use _exec_basic to run a basic program, it runs perfectly but for
one problem:  if the basic program has a STOP command at the end,
instead of a RETURN or nothing at all, it crashes the calculator
totally.  Is this a bug in _exec_basic or am I not passing something to
the routine that I should be?  I am passing in the name to run in OP1;
I thought that was all it needed.  I have ROM 1.3.  Can anyone duplicate
this?

I also have a routine in a shell I'm working on that builds a list of
all programs or strings on the calc.  It uses _findAlphaUP.  I wanted to
make it so it could detect programs normally by searching with
<$12,$08,"AAAAAAAA"> as a base (or should it just be one 'A'?), or
detect 'hidden' programs, ones that start with non-alpha characters,
like [sqrt]programs, by using <$12,$01,0> as a base.  But it produces
the same list both ways, and does not return [sqrt]KEY, which IS on the
calc.  Does _findAlphaUp totally ignore these 'hidden' variables, or is
there some flag I can set or some input I can give it to force it to
recognize them?  I really don't want to make a custom searcher, I'm
really hoping to make _findAlphaUp work.

Thanks.

Cassady Roop