A86: Text and dispAHL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Text and dispAHL

Does it bother you guys that I'm a stupid beginner that doesn't know what
he's doing (I started programming yesterday but I've had my TI-86 for four
months?  I've gone through all of Matt Johnson's tutorals, the two short
ones by Ahmed El-Helw on ticalc.org, and a few on ACZ.  Is there more stuff
to read so I can do this better or does it just take a while to learn?

Okay here's my problem:  I want to display three lines of instructions in
variable width text and the free ram under that.  How do I line up the three
first strings on the left and not make them over lap?  Should I use ld
(_penRow) and ld (_penCol) and set the col to zero then keep setting the row
down and using call _vputs?  And how do I display the AHL text in variable
width under that?  I only know about call _dispAHL which displays the memory
from call _MEMCHK in fixed width.

Bryan