Re: A86: protector

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: protector

In a message dated 4/22/99 8:05:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, acurti1@umbc.edu
writes:

> I guess it would be possible, but why?!?

ARGH! Do I need to explain myself again?? Here is a summary of the points I
made in several earlier messages:

1. Idiots who want to play with my calculator CAN, so I don't have to listen
to them all day/week/month/semester/year

2. To protect my friends from themselves, and, more importantly, me.

If you're still not clear on why this is a desirable feature, either AIM me
(ZeromusMog) or get me on ICQ (27955628). Just don't expect me to be paitent.
:)

While we're on the subject, I've always wondered: what's the purpose of
"shell bolt"? (This applies more to DoorsOS on the 89). Why would you want to
keep someone OUT of the shell, but rather in an inheritly dangerous position
where they have total control over the calculator? Is there some missing
application for it that I can use to keep my sanity while someone else is
using my precious calculator?