Re: A86: Learning ASM by A Simple Method

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Learning ASM by A Simple Method

3. the z80 chip understands nothing but compiled machine code, not ascii.
the source code is obviously written in ascii, but it is then converted into
machine code by the compiler.

4. wrong.  .org tells the compiler what the address offset is.  you could
have code without a .org, but all the addresses would be messed up.  .org
_asm_exec_ram makes it so that the compiler assumes that you're starting at
_asm_exec_ram (that's where the program is run on the calculator).

5. ret is from any call, not just the initial one made by the rom.
subroutines will end in ret also.