Re: A86: Re: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: Assembly

i'm sorry.  but i have to say the opposite is also true.  say we documented
this include file with the REAL asm codes for these events and put notes
about the TRUE asm calls and functions.  and a person, who found it easy to
code with our "basic" include file said "hey, i want to learn REAL asm."
don't you think that since this person now knows the basics to asm (without
really knowing it) it will be easier for him to understand REAL asm?  just by
reading through the include file?  i KNOW that would help ME out a lot.  so
if for no one else, i would like to see this done for ME.

NOTE:  this "basic" include file will NOT be ti-basic, but rather asm
supported ti-basic calls.  the include file WILL have extra calls.  not ONLY
the calls in ti-basic but asm calls that are easier to understand (for the
ti-basic programmer.)

one last thing.  would it be possible to change the [ld hl,title] command to
something like [title->hl] ??  not only for the [hl] register, but others
also?

hope i made sense,
Ryan

PS.  i think BASIC DOES relate to ASM.  but that is MY opinion.

<< Sure, and then when you read other people's code or mention a call name, no
 one has any idea what you're talking about!  Hey, you could do it for the
 z80 language itself.  Just go through the tasm80.tab file and rename all of
 the opcodes and registers to stuff that's more user friendly.  There was a
 gameboy ide like that.  Featured "x86 style opcodes".  Of course, anyone who
 knows z80 would have to relearn it, and when you wanted to do it the real
 way, you'd have to relearn it all, but hey...

 Sorry, but it's a bad idea.  There is a reason for having a "standard" way
 of naming everything.  When you change stuff, people only get confused.  I
 can't see how remembering _ClLCD can be so much easier than _clrLCD, but I
 guess it can be.  Seriously, there aren't too many rom calls to remember.
 If you forget, just hit F1 and look them up.  Same with the instructions.
 And they're all nicely indexed by category and everything.  About 400 rom
 calls are documented as well.  They tell you what registers to use and
 everything.  Can't get much easier.  You are using Assembly Studio 86,
 right?

 Just my $0.02 about renaming everything...

 P.S.  Asm does NOT relate to BASIC! >>