A86: Solving Compound Intrest for N

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Solving Compound Intrest for N

I was going through my calculator earlier today and I noticed that I had
a whole bunch of programs for my math class that performed various
operations.  Most of them are written in basic and therefore are rather
slow.  I am thinking about creating one assembly program which will
feature all these operations.  This would also really free up some space
on my calculator.  I know I am just begining to program in asm, but I
figure I could at least compile a list of all the algoritms I need.  I
was looking at my compound intrest program and found that it realies on
solver to do all of it's work.  Since there is no routine to use sover
"at least not that I know of" I have to figure out the actual formulas...

I managed to solve the equation A = P(1+r/n)^(nt) for everything but n...

Is it even possible to solve this equation for n by some theorem or
property that I have not yet learnt.

If anyone could help with this then then please let me know...

Thanks,

Chris

P.S: >  Are there actually any input calls to get user input or would I
need to make one using the getkey routine...

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: