A86: Re: Plan Files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Plan Files

Sounds cool, as with anything else, if you feel like writing it for fun, go
for it.  But most people who program have a site.  Since we only program a
few hours a day as a hobby, we don't have tons of stuff to report everyday.
If we want to inform people, it goes on the website (as Macross does).  Many
of the good programmers feel as I do, that discussing current projects is
bad.  We like to call that Vaporware, meaning it doesn't exist.  And if it
doesn't exist, it's not good to talk about it.

I have been working on a game now for about four months, and haven't posted
a word about it on a website.  Nothing will be posted until the game is
fully beta tested and ready for download.  Why?  Because if I give up (due
to lack of time or other reasons), or I change stuff, etc., then no one gets
upset.  I don't get tons of emails about finishing it or asking when it's
done (ask the CCIA about that :)

Just my $0.02.