A86: Re: Big trouble --- need serious help (caps removed for viewing ple

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Big trouble --- need serious help (caps removed for viewing pleasure)

Thank you, guys.

MIRACULOUSLY it started working again.  LAst time this happened, My
dad and I took out all the batteries and the lithium one and teseted
them all with the ammeter but that didn't get the thing going again.
MAybe this time it was something different that caused the problem.
(And when I called Texas Instruments the first time my calc crashed,
they didn't have a clue on how to help me...)
I assumed someone would tell him this, but as of this e-mail, no one
has. When your calc crashes, first just try removing on battery
briefly, and putting it back in. If it comes back on, you may have
spared the memory. If that didn't work, remove all the AA batteries,
hold [ON] for about 10 seconds, and put the batteries back in. If
that still didn't take care of the problem, you better have a
precision screwdriver kit handy. Take out all AA batteries, unscrew
the screw over the lithium battery cover and remove it. Now comes the
fun part: let it sit for about 1 hour. Now, replace all batteries and
it should be working. If not, possible causes are: dead batteries,
contrast too low, something internal broken, or it simply didn't
reset. As a last resort, remove all batteries overnight and hope for
the best. Sometimes, it will take this to get it up and running. If
nothing yet, return it to K-mart, Wal Mart, or wherever you got it,
and get a new one rather than deal with TI for hours.

        -ננ ||IIIII||IIIIl|| ננ (Andy D.)
        http://members.xoom.com/1cool

     "..to love somebody hopelessly  it hurts so much
      to love somebody equally  is not enough.."
                                -Van Halen