Re: A86: SAT Package

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: SAT Package

> Don't even try doing this, if you're talking about having programs that
help
> you DURING the test.  The SAT is supposed to be a fair test--nobody is
> supposed to have an advantage over any other student.  I suggest you don't
> even attempt this--If the college board finds out about these programs then
> there probably going to end up BANNING all graphing calculators from the
SATs
> and that wouldn't be good for those who are experts at using these graphing
> calculators.  I don't know about you, but I can't use a scientific
> calculator!  I mean I've never even bothered messing with one.

Your fears are misplaced.  If it becomes that serious of a problem,
the College Board will either make the problems more qualitative
(which I definitely wouldn't mind) so that calculators aren't a benifit,
or they will have a clear calculator requirement.  They will never
EVER ban an item they have already cleared.  And the College
Board is not going to make ANY changes for ~800 people who
figured out how to raise their score 50 points.  The program
wouldn't be able to claim credit for even one point per million.