Re: A86: CAS project

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: CAS project

e1066@sherbtel.net writes:

> you'll actually be inputting the stuff in pretty
>  print... surprisingly this will make it easier for me because I won't have
>  to parse (is that the right word?) a string to get things.

That can be a REAL interface nightmare... while it sounds really cool to be
able to type things in pretty print, it can also be incredibly frusturating
when the program insists that you follow it's own rules for putting stuff in
parenthesis, square roots, etc., not to mention when it complains about
things when you're not done with the equasion yet! If you've ever used the
Power Macintosh's little graphing calculator thingie, you probably know what
I mean. If you do indeed make it input in pretty print, make sure that you
spend extra time making it easy to use, and not too fussy...