Re: A86: multiple keys

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: multiple keys

thanks looks like that will help me alot

	matt

shinelight@detroit.crosswinds.net writes:
<<
 About 2 years ago I wrote a routine called MULTI_KEY for the 82 (should not
 need any editing to get it to work on the 86).  If you know how to use
 TI-Basic's GetKey statement, then you already know how to use MULTI_KEY.
 Basically, you #include "multikey.h" at the start of your program and
 #include "multikey.inc" at the end.  Then, doing something like:

 Loop:
   MULTI_KEY(KEY_21)
   CALL_Z(2ndPressed)
   MULTI_KEY(KEY_22)  ; See if user is wanting to quit
   CALL_Z(Exit)
   MULTI_KEY(KEY_26)  ; Right arrow on 82 (same for 86?)
   CALL_Z(RightPressed)
   jr Loop

 That's it.  All the port stuff is handled for you.  Thus, your code is
 cleaner and you don't have to worry about anything going wrong.  MULTI_KEY
 is available somewhere in the 82 archives on ticalc.org **OR** in the
 What's New section (should be called the What's Old section :)  at Shining
 Light Productions web site.

 BTW, if you do use MULTI_KEY in your program, giving credit to Shining
 Light Productions isn't required, although it would be nice :)

         Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@detroit.crosswinds.net
                     http://click-on.to/shinelight