Re: A86: tokens?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: tokens?

> Can someone help me with tokens??  I especially need how to know how to use
> the 8E29 token and a few others.  What I can't figure out is what to do with
> the tokens.  Do I set them or call them or what??  Can anyone help me.

The calculators change commands and such to single-byte
tokens for ease of interpretation, speed, and somewhat size.
That's why there's a big delay the first time you run a program
after you edit it on the TI-85 and TI-86.  The TI-82 and TI-83
tokenize the programs as they are written so there is no delay.

(That is an excerpt from a letter I sent to TIB a few months
back).  8e29 is one of the asmprgm command tokens.