Re: A86: Hardrive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Hardrive

> A hard drive is the memory component that stores the RAM (Random Access
> Memory). It is a physical item and once remove the computer won't work.

Gee, you know a lot about hardware, don't you (okay maybe that was a flame).
RAM comes in little sticks with black boxes on it.  Hard drives are big boxes
with discs inside.  RAM is MUCH faster and can be directly addressed by the
processor (unlike the disk).  Before a program can be run, it has to be moved
from the disk to the RAM.  They are separate entities and the computer runs
fine without a hard drive.

On a side note, I can't seem to put virtual memory on my RAM drive while
using the GraphLink.  Anyone else have this problem?