Re: A86: (no subject)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: (no subject)

>>Unplug your mouse and hook up the graphlink where the mouse
>>was.
>
>Everyone keeps telling people that their mouse is on a serial port and
>that they should unplug it to use the graphlink.  Not everyone has a
>serial mouse anymore.  This must still be more common than I thought.
>haven't even seen a mouse that plugged into a serial port in several
>years!  I have two serial ports, and neither is getting used right now,
>yet I most certainly do have a working modem and a working mouse.  My
>mouse plugs into a PS2 port and my modem is internal so it isn't
>occupying a serial either.

Well on my old cmputer (a 386 ::shudder::) it was.  Of course that
might've been because its old.  I haven't had to use my graphlink since
we got our new one and I haven't really prodded around in the guts of it
either.  I was giving advice based on the info I had.  If I misled
anyone it was because of my lack of current knowledge not because I
wanted to misinform anyone.

This along with about half the other posts isn't a flame.

Matt