Re: A86: grphlink error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: grphlink error

-----Original Message-----
From: UnEven Software <uneven14@hotmail.com>
To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 1998 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: A86: grphlink error

>>From: BlAsTo1414@aol.com
>>Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:54:35 EDT
>>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>>Subject: Re: A86: grphlink error
>>

>>In a message dated 9/23/98 5:11:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>>DrRobin@GeoCities.com writes:
>>
>><< The TI Graph Link goes on a COM port, not a printer port... >>
>>'which would be what?......
>>

>A COM port is one of the plugs in the back with 9 pins that looks kinda
>like a tringle with a flat top(thats a bad description but you should
>get the idea).
This is what it looks like:
  ___________________
/       O       O       O       O      \
I   O      O       O      O       O   I
OK, so it's not a great drawing, but that is kind of what it looks like.

The dumb thing is TI made the graph link with a 25 pin
>plug the goes in a 9 pin socket.  That to me is just plain dumb.  I'm
>not sure if thats true for everyone but it is for me.

I think that's pretty dumb too.  I had to go out and buy a modem cable to
serve as an adapter.

 Pretty obvious
>I'm not really a hardware guy huh?

  Join the club.