A86: Re: Math Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Math Questions

>I have several questions for the ASM gurus out there in cyberland:
>
>1.  How do I multiply numbers?  I assume that there are some ROM calls
>for this, and I'd love to know where they are,

hl = h*l  is at $4537
op1 = op1*op2 is at $548c

 but I also want to know
>HOW they multiply the numbers.

take a look at the russian peasants' algorithm in the ticalc.org routines.
I don't know how the ROM multiplies, though.

>2.  How do I divide numbers?  ""

hl = hl/a is at $4048
op1 = op1/op2 is at $54a8

>3.  How do I take a square root in ASM?

op1 = [sqrt]op1 is at $54ac (gives error if negative); $54b0 gives a complex
#

>4.  Is there an ASM equivilent of the BASIC 'Menu' command?

Read the what I worte about menus here from my web page:
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~assets/ti86.htm

take a look at ti86math.inc also