A86: Port 3

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Port 3

All this talk about a clock, and Port 3 got me interested.  So far Port 3
usually kicks back 8 whenever read (bit 1 clear).  Sometimes it kicks
back 10 (bit 1 set).  This is what I expected.  However, what's really
weird is that it doesn't give 10 in normal intervals.  Sometimes it takes
about a second between 10's sometimes milliseconds.  This is the LCD
refresh, but why does it take a second to refresh?

Basically the code I have reads port 3, if its an 8 then it adds to the
count and loops back, if its a 10 then it displays the count and resets
it.

Also, on a more off-topic note, my computer rings the phone when I
disconnect from the internet.  When I pick it up, the connection hasn't
been closed,  i.e. there is still hiss.  Strange huh?

Later,

Sam Camp

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]