Re: A86: lots of text?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: lots of text?

In a message dated 9/14/98 9:44:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BrncAvFan2@aol.com writes:

> << i want to make a screen where there is a bunch of text on it.  I plan to
>  use _vputs so i have smaller text, but is there any way that i don't have
>  keep calling and adding a string name ie.
>   Ideal situation
>   ...code...
>   call _vputs
>
>   string:
>               db. "this should not be that hard to do but i can't do it!"
>   okay so what i would want to do is sence this string is longer that how
many
>  i can display is there a way to loop the text?
>   Dave >>
>

>  I had a question like this a while back.  Here is what I got:

here's a shorter one if all are going to be aligned to the same column:

if you want to fit more rows, just change the add a,8 to add a,6 or add a,7

move_and_display:
	;--------------------------------------------------
	;moves down the screen displaying string at hl
	;
	;input:
	;		b=number of strings to display (max=8)
	;		c=column location
	;		hl=pointer to string
	;		_penRow and _penCol point to first location
	;output:
	;		hl=hl+number of characters+1
	;		_penRow=_penRow+8(c-1)
	;		_penCol=c