Re: A86: lots of text?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: lots of text?

In a message dated 9/14/1998 7:40:03 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
scheltem@aaps.k12.mi.us writes:

<< i want to make a screen where there is a bunch of text on it.  I plan to
use _vputs so i have smaller text, but is there any way that i don't have to
keep calling and adding a string name ie.
 Ideal situation
 ...code...
 call _vputs

 string:
             db. "this should not be that hard to do but i can't do it!"
 okay so what i would want to do is sence this string is longer that how many
i can display is there a way to loop the text?
 Dave >>

I had a question like this a while back.  Here is what I got:

#include "ti86asm.inc"
#include "asm86.h"

.org _asm_exec_ram

	call _clrLCD
	ld hl,stringtable
	ld b,2
	call drawtext
	ret

drawtext:
	push hl
	call LD_HL_MHL
	ld (_penCol),hl
	pop hl
	inc hl
	inc hl
	push hl
	call LD_HL_MHL
	call _vputs
	pop hl
	inc hl
	inc hl
	djnz drawtext
	ret

stringtable:
	.dw $0000
	.dw row1
	.dw $0700,row2

row1:	.db "this is row 1",0
row2:	.db "this is row 2",0

.end

The only thing about this is that it will not wrap around the text.  If
anybody knows how to do this, please help me to.

Dan