A86: Re: Exiting a Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Exiting a Program

No, the ret crashed my calc. For the shell problems,  I used one of the
undocumented rom calls (ti86und.inc) that exits and resets the stack, and
that was having the shell problems.
I did the "ld ix, sp" thing posted earlier, and it workes fine  with the
ret now. I'll check my source again, though, for un-popped pushes.

--James

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998 21:20:18 -0500 David Phillips <electrum@tfs.net>
writes:

>Your sprite routines *shouldn't* be corrupting the stack.  If they
>return
>without crashing, then they are fine.  The reason is that if they were
>corrupting the stack, the RET at the end would return to some bogus
>address
>and crash.
>
>If it only crashes when you return to the OS, then your problem is
>somewhere in your main loop, not inside a subroutine.  If you corrupt
>the
>stack in a subroutine, it will crash instead of RETurning.  You are
>most
>likely restoring a counter at the top of a loop, and not clearing it
>from
>the stack when the loop ends.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: