Re: A86: Re: Exiting a Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Exiting a Program

Your sprite routines *shouldn't* be corrupting the stack.  If they return
without crashing, then they are fine.  The reason is that if they were
corrupting the stack, the RET at the end would return to some bogus address
and crash.

If it only crashes when you return to the OS, then your problem is
somewhere in your main loop, not inside a subroutine.  If you corrupt the
stack in a subroutine, it will crash instead of RETurning.  You are most
likely restoring a counter at the top of a loop, and not clearing it from
the stack when the loop ends.

--
David Phillips
mailto:electrum@tfs.net