Re: A86: asm to HEX

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: asm to HEX

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:46:19 EDT BlAsTo1414@aol.com writes:

>what program do i need to do this?  I want to be able to compile
>simple progs
>on my pc to HEX and c opy them by hand to my 86.  is this possible?

you can assemble them (needs the source) with tasm and open the file
created with a hex editor.  if you really want to do this, i would
suggest printing it out, which i did with copy & paste.  it's a _very_
slow process.  other assemblers would work, but you have to make sure
it's not creating an 86p file.

if you have an 86p file, open it with a hex editor and start typing at 4b
and leave off the last 2 bytes of the file.

i hope that's not worded too confusingly.

if you need a hex editor, look for hiew591.zip

-josh

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]