Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

>BlAsTo1414@aol.com wrote:
>> want to be canstantly copying new code to my 86.  is there a way to
run asm
>> progs on my pc, before i copy them to my 86?
>
>You said earlier that you don't have a link cable?  Then probably not.
There
>_is_ a very nice 86 emulator at ticalc by Steve Gordon (address below).
I test
>my programs exclusively on the emulator until I'm pretty sure there
aren't any
>bugs left.  Unfortunately, you need a copy of the 86's ROM in order to
run the
>emulator, and it's technically illegal to send one to you even if you
own the
>same version of the 86 as the ROM I send you (not illegal for you to
have it,
>just illegal for me to send it).  As far as I know, the only legal way
for you
>to get a ROM is to download it from your calc - via a link cable.
>
>--
>Dark Ryder
>ICQ#:     8189903
>E-Mail:   DarkRyder@cyberdude.com
>
>Happiness is inversely proportional to how much you want to upgrade
your
>computer.

Actually you can get one from <a href="http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/">86
Central</a>.  He has a program in hex you enter on your calc and run.
Then tell him the num,ber that program returns.  If you were right you
goto a page that lets you get a ROM.  That should help you with your
programmingand testing.