Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BlAsTo1414@aol.com wrote:
> want to be canstantly copying new code to my 86.  is there a way to run asm
> progs on my pc, before i copy them to my 86?

You said earlier that you don't have a link cable?  Then probably not.  There
_is_ a very nice 86 emulator at ticalc by Steve Gordon (address below).  I test
my programs exclusively on the emulator until I'm pretty sure there aren't any
bugs left.  Unfortunately, you need a copy of the 86's ROM in order to run the
emulator, and it's technically illegal to send one to you even if you own the
same version of the 86 as the ROM I send you (not illegal for you to have it,
just illegal for me to send it).  As far as I know, the only legal way for you
to get a ROM is to download it from your calc - via a link cable.

--
Dark Ryder
ICQ#:     8189903

Happiness is inversely proportional to how much you want to upgrade your
computer.

Follow-Ups: References: