Re: A86: saving hiscores and other data

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: saving hiscores and other data

>I am having trouble saving data in my ASM program. At the end, I have
the line
>HiScore:	.dw $0000  This is the high score. I use ld hl,(HighScore) to
>retrieve the data, and it displays the right value And I use ld
hl,(score) \
>ld (HiScore),hl to save the current score as the high score. However,
when I
>exit and re-enter the program, the high score is always 0! (or whatever
is
>after .dw) Please help!
>
>P.S. The current score is a 2-byte value stored in (score)

That is because whenever you exit the program your variables aren't
written back to the program when you exit.  You have to make your
program write back to your variable to save your high score.  I don't
know how to do that or even if I worded that right but thats the prob.
And everyone please don't start the complaining about not posting unless
you know what your talking about.  I knew that was the basic idea.

Matt