Re: A86: calc crash

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: calc crash

first of all...I typed the following line in a drawn-out paragraph:

>>> Would someone in the ticalc.org place like to comment on how
>>> to fix the problem, because I would like to reuse my 85.

someone in the 86 list didn't like it for some off reason:

>> There is no way for a program to make it so that removing all
>> five batteries overnight will not fix any problem you have.

First of all, I said I left all 5 of my batteries out for 1 YEAR...not
overnight (about 365 nights).  When I placed FRESH NEW batteries that
had FULL power into the calculator (to be specific, I placed the memory
battery followed by AAA batteries from right to left--turning them
ever-so-slightly to make sure they were secured), and the dang-on thing
still displayed a "crashed" screen.

I fail to understand the reason on pressing the ON key several times
without any batteries in it.  First of all, I'm practically a major in
electronics, and without any power, pressing the on key does NOTHING.
That's like saying "if your faucet doesn't work, turn your water pump
off and play with the faucet for awhile, then turn the water pump back
on."

Pressing the on key while the batteries are in only led to the "crashed"
screen.  Pressing other buttons did nothing.  I even did the key
combonation to go to the reset screen and try to reset the calculator,
which in turn failed.

someone else made this off (way off) sentence:

> The key word is "comment".

which I agree with out fourth contendant (sp?):

{{I missed the meaning of that...}}

I will try that reset little button thingy that the other guy was
talking about (to the left of the mem battery or something), but if it
doesn't work, I will be highly PISSED.

-Rob

"if your faucet doesn't work, turn your water pump off and play with the
faucet for awhile, then turn the water pump back on."
=D      It's still funny...he he