Re: A86: copyright

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: copyright

> First It's Magnus. Second he's not "dead" he is dead from the
> programming community. He was one of the programmers of
> ZShell. He is the owner of these lists and I'm not sure but I'm
> pretty sure that he was one of the founders of ticalc.org.

He was the legal owner and administrator of ticalc.org and was the
only person who actually has physical access to ticalc.org, the
machine (meaning he could unplug it, which Bryan Rabeler cannot
(it's hard enough to unplug something six feet away, let alone 3000
miles) (it's even harder to unplug something WHEN YOU'RE DEAD)).

Now that he's dead, this has caused some problems.  Bryan
Rabeler cannot afford a plane ticket to Sollentuna, Sweden just
to change the BIOS battery in ticalc.org.  That's why all of the
times mentioned on ticalc.org are like 8 hours ahead.  Bryan
Rabeler made up that GMT thing as a quick cover up.  It's
amazing how many people will believe that there is a time zone
almost exactly opposite the US time zones.  What a hoax.

> He magicly dissapeared from the TI commounity so people say
> that he is "dead". =)

Actually, I am the only person to my knowledge who has publicly
mentioned the death of our great hero.  I discovered it when some-
body said that the Gameboy was dead.  I made a logical conclusion
that if a platform with 25 million users is dead, Magnus must be
dead.  See the logic?  I just carried this newfound knowledge on
to any other mention of Magnus or any other remotely applicable
statement.  I miss Magnus.

> Hope this cleasrs it up. Not all info may be accurate. I have
> picked it up from the list in the past few monthes =).

Well, almost a month.  He died 8/9/98.

Subj:  Re: A86: SQRXZ for Gameboy!
Date:  8/9/98
From:  assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org