Re: A86: auto adjust

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: auto adjust

At 11:26 PM 8/22/98 EDT, you wrote:

>I think I could do it in TI-BASIC, but in assembly I woulde have no clue.
> Try using something that counts non-zero digits, finds the decimal
>point, etc.
>
>-Ben Kalafut

I tried doing this before.  I actually got it working, but unfortunatley
crashed before I could get to a computer.  I used strings and fPart, iPart
and multiplication by powers of ten to count the sigfigs, and maintined the
number of figures in another variable.  Then, I could manipulate the
variables with full accuracy, and round off in the end, so it can work.  I
never got around to anything beyond basic 4 function though.
--
Andy Johnson <prjohnson@utahlinx.com>