Re: A86: help with program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: help with program

In a message dated 9/1/1998 4:58:11 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
ComAsYuAre@aol.com writes:

<< ld hl,input_text_1
 >	push hl
 >	ld hl,$1000
 >	call disp_string
 >
 >disp_string:
 >	ld hl,(_penCol)
 >	pop hl
 >	call _vputs
 >	ret

 try this:

 	ld hl,$1000
 	ld (_penCol),hl
 	ld hl,input_text_1
 	call _vputs
 	ret

 input_text_1:
 	.db "blah, blah, blah",0

The thing about this is that I have A LOT of text to work with.  After a
while, all of that on all of the text that I have to write would make the
program huge.  If I called disp_string a few times, it will have cut back mem
a ton.  If anybody has any good routines for displaying the small font, could
they help me?  I mean, when you use the big font, you do something like this:

text:
	.db "blah blah blah"
	.db "aklsdjfakld;fa  ",0

This will make the text carry over to the next line.  Assume that the top line
is 21 spaces long.  Because the little font does not all equal the same size
(ex. the "i" takes up less pixels across than the "o", it would really be
helpful.

As to the answer for tbarwick, it did not work.  Again, this is what I have:

	ld hl,input_text_1
	push hl
	ld hl,$1000
	call disp_string