Re: A86: TI86 Rom

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI86 Rom

>It would be like Debug for DOS.  Debug is a really nifty (although dated by
>about 10-15 years...) utility that allows you to dissassemble, assemble,
>step, set break points, set registers and memory, etc. on assembly programs
>written for DOS.  It sure is a rough utility and I would hate to have to
>actually debug x86 asm with it, but back when it was used it was better
than
>nothing (especially since it came free with DOS).  A big use of it was to
>type in utilities from magazines such as PC Magazine, since it made it easy
>to type in the data in hex and stuff.
>
>For the 86, I imagine it would allow you to assemble/dissassemble code,
>modify registers and memory, view memory, search through memory, etc.  I
>actually think that there are a few programs like that already.

ti86emu lets you do all this; just to let everyone know, the ACZ is going to
write a lesson on using the emu to debug sometime soon (not to mention a
lesson on how to use it for disassembly, which David Phillips will write)

>Unfortunately the calculator is not setup to handle any debugging features
>of the z80 (I think I read somewhere that it has step and break interrupts,
>but that could be something different), so the step and breakpoint features
>would not be present.

I've read the interrupt chapter in the user's manual a couple times, but I
don't remember seeing this