From: Pat Milheron <pmilheron@ti.com>
To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Monday, October 26, 1998 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: A86: Crashes, Anyone?

You do not need to worry about newer versions of the
86 if asm programs are coded using the jump table in the
ROM or use their own routines.

IF YOU PROGRAM USING 'HACKED' ROUTINES FROM THE ROM,
THEN OTHER VERSIONS OF ROM MAY HAVE THE LOCATION OF THOSE
ROUTINES AT DIFFERENT ADDRESSES, CAUSING CRASHES WHEN THESE
PROGRAMS ARE RUN.

You should have no problem with RAM moving it won't.

Later,
Pat

Original text

From: "David Phillips" <electrum@tfs.net>, on 10/24/98 11:36 PM:

I think we should petition TI to make one of those versions.txt files for
all of their rom versions.  Seriously, it would be really helpful to know
what date each new rom version came out and what changes where made to it.
All of us coding with 1.2/1.3 might run into trouble if TI changes/fixes
anything really major.