A86: Re: VAT/Lev Detection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: VAT/Lev Detection

 ld hl,levelname-1
 rst $20                                    ;load name to op1
 rst $10                                    ;find brixlevs
 jr c,notFound
 ld h,d                                        ;get ASIC address into hl
 ld l,e
 call $33                                    ;get the abs length
 xor a
 call _SET_MM_NUM_BYTES    ;set number of bytes for _mm_ldir
 ld a,b                                        ;ld ahl,bde
 ld h,d
 ld l,e
 call $4c3f                                    ;ahl += 2
 call _SET_ABS_SRC_ADDR    ;set the source for _mm_ldir
 ld a,1
 ld hl,$1000                                ;absolute address for $9000 on
page 1
 call _SET_ABS_DEST_ADDR
 call _mm_ldir                            ;absolute copy to page 1

levelname:
.db 8,"brixlevs"

this will copy your level stored in "brixlevs" to $9000 (ASIC) page 1.
you'll probably want to use the call posted to search the vat for strings.
maybe someone will repost it.