Re: A86: reading keys

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: reading keys

>From: ComAsYuAre@aol.com
>Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:54:35 EDT
>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: A86: reading keys
>

>In a message dated 10/7/98 16:20:24 Eastern Daylight Time,
>adamcsmith@hotmail.com writes:
>
>> how do you get a variable from the keypad and store it in a reg
>

>there are two main ways (others such as reading the port also work):
>
>call _getkey		;enter low power mode until a key is pressed
>					;contrast changing supported, 2nd and alpha not detected,

It's only supported if it's in a loop. Therefore you can't change
contrast if you have call _getkey | ret.

>					;and APD supported
>					;[sqrt]key can interfere with

Yep.

>call GET_KEY		;drains batteries

-This is not true. Just do:
  call GET_KEY
  HALT
  .....Code Goes here.....

I think this will use the same amount of power as _getkey in a loop.
You could always manually enter Low Power Mode with a out (?),a ect.

>					;detects all keys

I don't think it detects On.

>					;[sqrt]key doesn't interfere
>					;doesn't wait for a keypress in order to return

Exactly.

-'FuZeD " Gettin back in the groove "