Re: A86: more questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: more questions

In a message dated 11/24/98 12:27:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
croop@oregontrail.net writes:

> 2.	Which variable types other than PIC are of a fixed length and thus
>  have no length header?  I thought that REAL was, but according to the
>  [MEM][DELETE] screen on my calculator, they can be of different sizes...

that's only because of the size of the name.  other variables have different
headers. real, pic, complex, and constant, i believe, are all of fixed size.
things like matrices, lists, and vectors have headers of simply how many
elements (dimensions), rather than size.