A86: Re: Asm questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Asm questions

>I have some questions for a game I am making.  I would be very grateful for
>any help.
>
>1.  How do you input a string, such as for a character's name?

You can make your own input routine, or you can use ti's.  Ti's can be found
in the ticalc 86 assembly routines section.

>2.  How do you generate random numbers?

With a routine. I think there was one by Jimmy Mardell or something.
Also, _randint and _RANDOM....
I have never used _RANDOM because I have heard that it isn't very random....
I use _setxxop1 and _setxxop2 when using _randint then I use _convop1 to get
the number in a.
get_random_int:
    ld a,1
    call _setxxop1
    ld a,50
    call _setxxop2
    call _randint
    call _convop1
your random number between 1 and 50 is now in a.

>3.  What is a good program to use to make a title screen?  I'd like to use
>grayscale, if possible.

For good 1024 bit screens, use BMP2ASM by Trent Lillehaugen and PIC2RLE by
David Phillips.  Both can be found in the ticalc DOS programs section.  I
would strongly recommend understanding grayscale before using it.

______
JBrett
tbarwick@esn.net
ICQ UIN: 20607010