Re: A86: Re: Parity odd,even

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Parity odd,even

I haven't replied to this list for sooo long, and I don't know why I am now
but....

first my page is
http://www.calpoly.edu/~tllilleh/a86/a86.html
I haven't updated it for a long time, but I guess people still find it
useful.

secondly, Parity is used to count the number of '1' bits in a number.
Parity Odd (PO) means that there are an ODD number of high bits (1's) in the
register
Parity Even (PE) means that there are an EVEN number of high bits (1's) in
the register
It is usually used for simple but fairly useless checksums.  however it can
be used for anything that a creative programmer can come up with.

thirdly.  I have gotten a few emails about QBERT.
I am done programming for the 86, so if anyone wants to continue the project
I may be willing to get all the source code together.  However it may be just
as easy to start from scratch instead of trying to see what I was thinking.
Whatever the case may be, please email ME.  NOT THE LIST.

Trent Lillehaugen