Re: A86: Multi-tasking on a calculator? Hmm....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Multi-tasking on a calculator? Hmm....

Does the TI-86 have an accurate timer that can be programmed?
(I'm sure I read somewhere that it doesn't)
That is most essential in a multitasking environment.

(The OS keeps a linked list of tasks, and when the clock ticks
it generates an interrupt and the OS switches tasks.  This is an
over simplification, but not really an incorrect one.  There's many
other aspects - the scheduling algorithm, memory segmentation,
etc...)