Re: A86: Error checking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Error checking

Ok,  let me elaborate. Some one wrote to me saying:

I think the problem was that (game X)  overwrote some
system variables.  (Game Y and Game Z) both use a lot of high level rom
calls, and so probably accessed some of the overwritten data.  Specifically,
think it was the call _RANDOM that messed things up.  On my 86, it caused a
crash maybe 1 in 100 times, but I imagine they introduced some ERROR
CHECKING
in rom 1.5, though that's just a guess.  Anyway, I altered (game X)  to use
the
ram at the end of _asm_exec_ram instead of the system vars, so everything
should be OK (I hope).

Now, to the point. Was there any error checking introduced in rom 1.5?
Please forgive me if I am not making any sense, but I have clarified it as
much as possible.

Jean Vásquez

--
              Jean Vásquez