Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

>> I disassembled the ROM, the interrupt handler is fixed in the code, it
makes
>> a jump to the ON key interrupt handler routine. I did over 5 hours of
>> disassebling and came to the conclusion there are no NMI's.. I have been
>> reading some of the messages about interrupts by Jimmy Mardell and he
also
>> says "The TI-8x doesn't have any NMI's" and someone (maybe him) also says
>> they haven't even seen a computer with an NMI

di
halt
ret

crashes the calc even if the ON key is pressed. It wont HARD lock the calc
(meaning you have to take the lithium battery out)
unless you put this code in the interrupt handler. Let me tell you a few
things ----

- The TI-86 has no NMI's
- The ON key interrupt and the timer interrupt are both maskable interrupts
and are both the same kind of interrupt

There are some weird things that go on, something leads me to believe that
something other then the ON key produces an
ON key interrupt. I am doing experiements to find more information on this.
I am soo close to completing a ROM 1.2 Down-Left bug patch

Later,
    Matt