Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

>> I belive that a processor uses the same amount of power at all times when
>> it is on.  By leaving an interrupt running in the background, you consume
>
>Changes in processor state consume energy.  The halt instruction causes
>the processor to stop changing state until the next interrupt occurs, so
>the power drain is less during halt than during normal operation.

What does Port $04 do?

And, The TI-86 appears to have Port 3 read capabilities the same as the
TI-85. But what about writing? Are they the same. The ROM seems to write 2
bytes at a time to Port 3, In example, $00 $01 seems to kind of disable
everything but wait for an ON interrupt, $09 $0B appears to signal the
hardware that the ON key being pressed (or vice-versa forget right now) and
$0A $0B appears to signal to the hardware that the ON key is not being
pressed. Do you have any info on this?

Maybe if I include words such as "Dan Eble is god" I am more likely to get a
response ;-)

Later,
    Matt