A86: Compression Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Compression Program

I was thinking it would be very cool to have a compression system like
double space and pklite and pkzip for the 86.  Here's how it would work:

-A new variable type would be created for compressed programs (or strings
or programs could be used, but a new type would be much better).
-A user defined function [like CAsm(] would be used to decompress and
automatically run the program
-Another user function would compress strings and programs to the new format
-Possible one more to convert compressed vars back to original format

It would be nice to patch into to one of the [sqrt] programs (not sure
which) so a call to Asm( or such by the shell would automatically run the
new loader.  Is anyone working on this?  If not, I'm going to give it a shot.

// David Phillips
// mailto:electrum@tfs.net
// AIM: electrum32