Re: A86: cool graphing stuff?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: cool graphing stuff?

>first, to do plus or minus do {-1,1}(eqn) where 'eqn' is the equation (i
>think this is used in various programs so nothing new...)
Learned that back on the 82.  You can use a big immediate list and graph
complicated graphs in one equation:
y1={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8}sin x

>secondly, to do a piecewise function you do the condition multiplied by
>the equation for that piece plus all the others. an example will help:
>
>f(x)=x {x<0}
>f(x)=x^2 {x>=0}
>
>to graph you would enter the following as 'y1':
>(x<0)(x)+(x>=0)(x^2)

Wow, I never thought of that.  Does anyone one else have fun impressing
their entire math class (including the teacher) with all your "useless"
calculator knowledge?

// David Phillips
// mailto:electrum@tfs.net
// AIM: electrum32