A86: Line routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Line routine

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Jimmy Mårdell wrote:

> How fast? I've made a pretty fast line routine using self-modifying
> code, no temporary mem and only one push/pop in the repeat routine.
> It's about 4 times faster than Stephane Jantzens line routine.

The inner loop of my line routine takes about 110 t-states per pixel (more
or less, depending on the slope of the line).  It also uses no temporary
memory and only one push/pop.  Do you want to exchange routines?  They
probably look the same. :-)

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

"Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!" -- James 3:5