Re: A86: Terms

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Terms

Trey Jazz wrote:

> >    font hook ................ when characters get printed
> >    ON hook .................. when the calculator goes on
> >    OFF hook ................. when the calculator goes off
> >    slink hook ............... upon recieving a SLP request
> >    user defined interrupt ... (about) every 200th of a second
> >    [sqrt] KEY ............... when a key is pressed
> >    [sqrt] others ............ when parsing, tokenizing, etc.
>
> those are all right except for sqrtKEY. it is executed even when there is no
> key pressed ie... like GETKEY is called and a is 0
>
>  >So let me get this straight.  None of these are hacks someone has made.
> >Every one of these hooks has its own special space and an enabling flag
> >put there by TI for assembly purposes.  Yet no official information was
> >provided concerning these patch-able areas.
>
> no none are hacks. ti put them there for them and for us, mostly the
> programmers
>
> >Another question is where do ASAPs fit in to all this?  I will make a
> guess.
> >I think they are only for menus and for customizations which require tokens
> >(i.e. add-on commands/functions).  So do add-ons (menus and functions) have
> >their own set apart area in memory or do you just put them wherever?
>
> right...the menus and functions have their own space (which can be invaded
> easily), the menu has tokens as to if the text in it should be put on the
> screen or if it should open up a submenu or if it should run something. when
> a function is typed on the screen and then goes through the parser it finds
> the token for it and runs the routine for it.

Actually, menus are not asaps.  There are only two menus in RAM: the
custom and math menus.  All the rest need to be "hacked".
There is also another hook of which I nothing about other than its
existence: the alternate asm return.
There's also possibly an area of ram that contains the _asm_exec_ram
address.  This would be useful if you could change it to $8000 and then
call _asm_exec_ram in your program (if you have a large program).  I
guess it isn't really a hook, though.  :-)