Re: A86: Terms

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Terms

> So the term "hooking into" refers to a User Defined Interrupt (also known
> as a TSR) becoming an active interrupt in the system?

Interrupts occur 200 times a second (this was already mentioned).
"Hooking into" it just means that your routine becomes one of the
routines called by the OS during an interrupt.

> If this is the case, why are there two terms for it.  TSR is a
> misleading (inaccurate) term if I understand things correctly.

TSR is not a calculator term, it's a computer term. Your mouse driver
is a TSR. User interrupts on the calculator often serve similar functions,
but do not follow the acronym as closely.