Re: A86: Terms

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Terms

>   - "SLP"    / What does this stand for?
Silent Link Protocol.  When using TI's Graph Link software (for
Windows), you can send and receive with the calc without ever touching
the calc...if it's at the homescreen.  You don't have to use the Link
menu's Send/Receive stuff.  www.ti.com has a doc about it.

>   - "FSP"    / What does this stand for?
Well, FPS means Floating Point Stack (not frames per second).

>   - "TSR"    / I thought that a TSR was a program that [T]erminates and
>                [S]tays [R]esident (in memory).  That doesn't seem to apply
>                to a calculator, since everything is always in the memory.
>                So what does this refer to in the context of TI-Assembly?
Terminate and Stay Resident, meaning it hooks into an interrupt...the
[sqrt] programs are built-in TSR's (if a program makes one of them).  We
need a good FAQ about TSR on the calc.

>   - "token"  / I thought that a token was how keywords, built-in commands
>                were represented after being parsed.  It seems like this
>                list also refers to the "type" byte of variables.  What
>                is the general definition this list uses?
Exactly that.  A byte or bytes that represent something else.