A86: Re: Can someone tell me why this won't work???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Can someone tell me why this won't work???

>For some reason, whenever I assemble the following code it just displays 5
>1/2 lines and waits for the keypress or crashes the calc/emulator -- it
>should just copy the data in TitlePic directly into the videomem and
display
>it, then wait for enter to be pressed. . . SO WHY WON'T IT WORK??? (and
>ignore the image, it's just a jumble mass of pixels, since bmp2asm won't
>work right. . .)

I had problems with BMP2ASM at first too. Whatever paint program you use,
save it as a .BMP, then open it up with Microsoft Paint, and then re-save
the .BMP as a monochrome 1-bit BMP.

>------ Code follows ------
>#include "ti86asm.inc"
>#include "asm86.h"
>
>.org _asm_exec_ram
>  ld de,$FC00
>  ld hl,TitlePic
>  ld bc,$300

The display area is $400 (1024 bytes)

>  ldir
>Loop:
>  jp GET_KEY
>  cp K_ENTER
>  jp nz,Loop
>  ret

Image is all screwed up. Use my instructions above.