A86: (sqrt) KEY questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: (sqrt) KEY questions

I am trying to understand the (sqrt) KEY program line by line.. I am
referring to the
KeyTemp template file on Dux Gregis's site.

 I am having difficulty
understanding it after the call _CREATEPROG. So I understand about a 1/3 of
it so far..
:(

What does $4C3F do? After the call _CREATEPROG, what roles to a and b
registers play in this program. Why do you xor a? twice?

It appears that you are copying the source code of code: into the program
using absolute addresses. Does that explain what the .db $8e, $28 is for
before the .org _asm_exec_ram is that part of the file format? What exactly
is  the PROGRAM format when creating a program.

Now when you in the code: itself, why do you pop OP1 and is that all that
$479f does?
Plus, what was it that put the a in $d625 which you seem to get the keypress
from.
Weirdness

Cool program it seems though, once I understand this I think I will
understand a lot more
about how variables, absolute addresses, the VAT, etc which will be great
for the hangman game I am working on. You will hear more about this game on
my site which I am working very very hard on (4+ hours a day for the past
few days).. and my site should be updated fairly soon.

-Matt
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/